Sunday, April 08, 2007

Christ is Risen!

I just woke up. It is Easter morning...well now afternoon. It's one o'clock in the afternoon to be exact. I think this is latest I've woken up in years. Well, that's not true because I'm sure I woke up this late on Pascha last year too. I got home at four in the morning from the Paschal service and celebration. We broke the fast last night after 50 something days. How refreshing it was to actually celebrate the Risen Christ and not just talk about it!!!! We Orthodox fast a lot but one thing I notice about the Orthodox is then we FEAST! What a feast it was!

Christ is Risen!
Cristos Anesti!
Indeed He is risen!

1 comment:

Bluecanopy said...

Indeed He is Risen!

It WAS a feast, wasn't it? And I seemed to have missed your ambrosia salad, bummer...I'm a fan :)

Have a blessed Bright Week!